GRASP (GLOBALG.A.P. RISK ASSESSMENT ON SOCIAL PRACTICE) is a voluntary, additional module developed to assess social practices on the farm, taking into account specific aspects of workers’ health, safety, and welfare.
Corporate social responsibility is an increasingly important issue in global food supply chains.
GOOD AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES ARE NOT JUST ABOUT PRODUCTS – THEY ARE ALSO ABOUT PEOPLE
A positive working environment has a significant impact on both product quality and the production facilities’ cost efficiency. The value and benefits of well-trained, motivated, and protected workers can be seen all along the supply chain.
What are the benefits of GRASP?
- It helps you improve your farm’s social management system.
- It provides you with information to strengthen your workers’ rights.
- It guides you to comply with local social and labor regulations through national interpretation guidelines.
- It supports the creation of communication channels between management and workers.
- It provides information on the core ILO conventions so that management and workers can work towards a positive working environment.
- It encourages you to study your risk exposure and helps you innovate in high-risk areas.
- It allows for business transparency showing your strengths and weaknesses in relation to social practices.
- Through communication and transparency, it helps raise your standing among suppliers and buyers.
- It provides information to reduce your risk for social legal non-compliances.
- It can be done at the same time as the GLOBALG.A.P. inspection or audit – so inspection or auditing costs will be reduced!